Fédération Internationale de Football Association
FIFA-Strasse 20 - P.O. Box - 8044 Zurich - Switzerland
Tel: +41-(0)43-222 7777
Ten head coaches have been shortlisted by experts from the FIFA Football Committee for The Best FIFA Men’s Coach 2016.
The candidates, in alphabetical order, are:
* Chris Coleman (Wales/Welsh national team)
* Didier Deschamps (France/French national team)
* Pep Guardiola(Spain/FC Bayern Munich/Manchester City)
* Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Liverpool)
* Luis Enrique(Spain/FC Barcelona)
* Mauricio Pochettino (Argentina/Tottenham Hotspur)
* Claudio Ranieri (Italy/Leicester City)
* Fernando Santos (Portugal/Portuguese national team)
* Diego Simeone (Argentina/Atlético Madrid)
* Zinédine Zidane (France/Real Madrid).
The winner of The Best FIFA Men’s Coach 2016 will be chosen through a combined voting process, in which 50% of the decision will be based on the choices of all captains and head coaches of national teams around the globe. The other 50% will be split between the result of an online public ballot with football fans and submissions from a selected group of over 200 media representatives from the six continents.
The ten candidates for The Best FIFA Women’s Coach 2016 were announced yesterday, and the ten shortlisted names for The Best FIFA Women’s Player will be unveiled tomorrow, 3 November. The list of 23 finalists for The Best FIFA Men’s Player award will be published on 4 November.
Voting for player and coach of the year in 2016, in both men’s and women’s football, starts on 4 November and will close on 22 November. The final lists of three nominees for these categories – as well as for the FIFA Puskás Award and the brand new FIFA Fan Award – will be announced on 2 December.
The 55 nominees for the FIFA FIFPro World11 will be released at a later stage, while the winners of all categories, including the FIFA Fair Play Award 2016, will be presented at The Best FIFA Football Awards show on 9 January 2017.
To keep up with the latest news about The Best FIFA Football Awards, see the official FIFA Football Awards Facebook page. You can also join the discussion on Twitter about who should win this year’s prizes by using the hashtag #TheBest.