Fédération Internationale de Football Association
FIFA-Strasse 20 - P.O. Box - 8044 Zurich - Switzerland
Tel: +41-(0)43-222 7777
Eight member associations have confirmed their participation in the bidding process for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023, the first-ever edition of the tournament that will feature 32 teams.
The member associations are:
- Argentinian Football Association
- Football Federation Australia
- Brazilian Football Association
- Colombian Football Association
- Japan Football Association
- Korea Football Association (expressing interest in a joint bid with DPR Korea Football Association)
- New Zealand Football
- South African Football Association
FIFA has now dispatched the updated bidding and hosting documents to all eight member associations, which will have until 13 December 2019 to submit their bid book, the signed hosting agreement and all other hosting and bidding documents to FIFA. Up until the deadline for bid submissions, any member association wishing to join an existing bid will be permitted to do so provided that it also submits a bidding registration to FIFA. All bid books will be published on FIFA.com.
FIFA is set to conduct official inspections to the relevant member associations in January and February 2020 and the appointment of the host(s) is expected for May 2020.
Additional details about the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 bidding process are available in the following Overview Document.