The Local Organising Committee for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup India 2017 (“LOC”), a part of the All India Football Federation (“AIFF”), has been entrusted by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (“FIFA”) with the organisation, hosting and staging of the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017 (the “Event”). In order to assist the LOC with the organisation and delivery of the Event, the LOC has developed the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017 Volunteer Program (“Volunteer Program”), which requires the involvement of enthusiastic and committed volunteers. The terms and conditions provided below contain information about relevant aspects of being a volunteer for the Event and about the Volunteer Program application process. By agreeing to provide information as part of the registration and application process for the Volunteer Program, you acknowledge and agree with the following terms and conditions:
· The application process for the Event requires you to provide the LOC with certain personal information. You agree to the use of your personal information as set out in these terms and conditions.
· The LOC may amend these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion and without notice. Amendments will be effective immediately upon the posting of the amended terms and conditions on the Event website.
· Your application shall be considered on the basis of the information provided by you in your registration form.
· You confirm that the information provided in the registration form is true. The LOC may undertake enquiries as required, with the assistance of police authorities, to verify the information provided and in case of any discrepancies, the application shall be rejected outright. By submitting the registration form, you agree to provide the necessary consent and approvals as required by law to facilitate required verification checks and acknowledge that the results of any such checks shall be dealt with in accordance with the LOC’s policies and discretion, including the LOC rejecting your application or terminating your volunteer services in the event that you fail to satisfy police or other security checks.
· You acknowledge that your submission of the registration form and application does not guarantee your involvement with the World Cup as a volunteer.
· You agree that the selection of the volunteers as per its requirements is at the sole discretion of the LOC and that you shall accept any decision taken by the LOC in this regard. You agree that you have no right to challenge any decision made by the LOC including any decision pertaining to the appointment of a volunteer or the rejection or refusal of a potential volunteer’s application. You agree that you will accept the decision taken by the LOC and that you have no recourse to any challenge against any decision of the LOC under any circumstances.
· If appointed as a volunteer, you agree that your appointment is subject to these terms and conditions and any further terms and conditions as the LOC may deem fit to include herein before or during the Event.
· Your access to the Event venues will be subject to accreditation and security policies and procedures, and the LOC may in its absolute discretion exercise at any time the right to grant, modify, refuse or cancel any venue accreditation or access.
· You understand and agree that there may be risks involved with performing volunteer activities and agree to perform volunteer activities in a safe manner and ensure that your volunteer activities do not put yourself or others at risk.
· You agree to cooperate with the LOC as per the directions of the LOC in any matter or activity undertaken in order to ensure safety and shall adhere to all the security requirements and access control guidelines as established and directed by the LOC from time to time.
· You agree that as part of the Volunteer Program, upon selection and based on the task assigned to you, you may be required to undergo training/orientation as directed by the LOC, failure to do which may result in the discontinuation of your role as a volunteer under the Volunteer Program.
· If selected and appointed as a volunteer, you accept that your appointment will be without any form of financial remuneration. The LOC shall take care of meals at the Event and make suitable arrangements for transportation to and from the venue. You shall be responsible for your own accommodation.
· If selected as a volunteer, you shall come to the venues only in the uniform provided/assigned by the LOC and will carry your accreditation cards at all times. No access shall be provided into the venue without the uniform and accreditation card. Any improper/unauthorised usage of uniforms and/or accreditation material outside of as directed for the Event may result in your immediate discontinuation and removal from the Volunteer Program.
· If selected as a volunteer, you shall accept whatever responsibility is assigned to you by the LOC and conduct your duties as directed by the LOC in the appropriate manner as expected of a professional by being punctual and diligent. If a volunteer is not able to attend his/her duties due to any reason, he/she shall inform the volunteer manager about it. Leave of absence without information will not be accepted.
· Important information regarding the Event, stakeholders, sponsors etc. shall be kept confidential. Confidential information regarding respective customers, stakeholders, sponsors, commercial partners, strategies, plans, business and affairs financial or otherwise must be kept secret and preserve their confidential information. You must not disclose or reproduce confidential information for purpose other than for the provision for your volunteer service. You will notify the LOC immediately of any actual, suspected or threatened unauthorised disclosure or use of confidential information and must comply with any reasonable direction issued by concerning confidential information.
· If selected as a volunteer, you shall not indulge in any form of activities that bring discredit to the LOC, the Event or the AIFF, including making comments on social media or to media organisations which may be disparaging or relate in any way to the business of the LOC or the conduct of the Event or any Event intellectual property or any confidential information. This being an event of national importance, any such attempts will be considered as an attempt to malign the reputation of the nation and will be dealt with utmost seriousness.
· You may be provided with resources; technology and equipment to carry out your volunteer role and responsibilities, and you agree to use such facilities in accordance with any instructions given regarding their use and to return such resources to the LOC immediately upon the issue of such LOC directions or on the completion of your voluntary services.
· You acknowledge and accept your responsibility to safeguard your personal property (including in the way of bags, purses, jewellery and money) located at any of the LOC controlled premises or tournament venues and you acknowledge that the LOC is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property.
· The LOC reserves the right to terminate your volunteer services at its discretion with immediate effect at any time prior to or during the Event in the event of the breach of any of these terms and conditions by you or in the event of any misconduct by you.
· You agree to provide as much notice as possible to the Event in the circumstance that you are unable to continue your volunteer services. On termination of your volunteer services, the LOC may revoke any accreditation or right of access you may have in relation to the Event venues and facilities, and may require you to return your accreditation, uniform and other equipment or resources provided to you by the LOC with immediate effect.
· You agree to immediately notify the LOC now, or in the future, about anything that the LOC may consider as bringing football or the Event into disrepute.
· The LOC may ask to use your voice, image and likeness and positive stories about you and your volunteering experience before, during or after the Event for promotional use in relation to volunteering. You confirm that if you are successful in your application, you are happy for your voice, image and likeness and positive stories about you and your volunteering experience to be used if requested by the LOC.
· By applying to be a volunteer for the Event and giving your information to us, you indicate your consent to us and related parties, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with the terms set out in this policy.
· You agree to the processing (including but not limited to the use, storage, disclosure and transfer) of the personal data entered on the registration form to serve directly or indirectly for the conduct of the Event by the LOC.
· The information obtained is owned and controlled by the LOC. You agree and acknowledge that your information may be transferred or disclosed to a third party before, during and after the Event as specified in these terms and conditions, including for purposes of communicating with you and/or conducting a verification process or for complying with any statutory obligation.