I'm passionate about football and want to vote!
Do you want to participate in the vote for The Best FIFA Football Awards™? Have you already chosen your favourites and want to help them win the prize? In this short and practical guide, we explain how you can make your vote count.
But not so fast. Before we get to the technicalities, there are some pointers to bear in mind:
- As a fan, you are entitled to vote only ONCE in each category. Think carefully about your choice. Once you have submitted your vote, it cannot be changed.
- In the awards for The Best FIFA Men's Player, The Best FIFA Women's Player, The Best FIFA Men's Coach and The Best FIFA Women's Coach, fans' votes will count for 25 per cent of the total ballot. The remaining 75 per cent will be distributed evenly between the national coaches of FIFA Member Associations, their team captains and a select group of football journalists from those countries.
- For The FIFA Fan Award, only votes submitted by FIFA.com users will be taken into account.
- For The FIFA Puskás Award, which honours the best goal of the year, only votes submitted by FIFA.com users will be taken into account.
So far so good? Please note that in order to ensure the authenticity of your vote, you may need to take a few extra steps:
- To vote for The Best FIFA Men's Player, The Best FIFA Women's Player, The Best FIFA Men's Coach and The Best FIFA Women's Coach awards, you will need to be registered as a FIFA.com Club member with a valid email address. If you are not yet a member, then sign up now! And if you have signed up but have not yet verified your email address, you still have time to do so in order for your vote to count. It's very simple: sign up, verify your account and then you are all set to help your idols in the four categories mentioned above.
- You do not need to be a member of The Club at FIFA.com to vote for The FIFA Puskás Award and The FIFA Fan Award, but you will need to fill in a captcha code to prove you are not a bot. It's quick and easy.
When can you vote? Here are some important dates for your diaries:
- For the main four awards (The Best FIFA Men's Player, The Best FIFA Women's Player, The Best FIFA Men's Coach and The Best FIFA Women's Coach), you can vote from 21 August to 7 September.
- For The FIFA Puskás Award, you can vote from the day the ten nominees are published (mid-September) until 23 October.
- For The FIFA Fan Award, you can vote from the day the nominees are published (mid-September) until 22 October